Skip to main content

Winter In-Europe Packing Tips & Must-Have Guide

Prior to my 17-day European adventure, I had so many questions about what to pack and what to expect in terms of weather. If you're in the same boat, this guide is here to help! 

Packing & Travel Essentials

BAGAIL Packing Cubes, $25

For any long trip (or any trip really) packing cubes are a must! This set is affordable, high-quality, and versatile. I used the cubes to organize my underwear/socks, thermal/lightweight clothes, tops, and bottoms. Plus, this set has a shoe bag that fits a pair of booties or two pairs of normal shoes perfectly so you won't have to worry about dirtying your clothes. And if that's not enough, a toiletry bag is included that perfectly fits full-sized products (I stored my hairspray, thermal spray, and dry shampoo inside) plus spots to keep makeup brushes or like items secure. 

TESSAN Universal Power Adapter, $19

This adapter worked perfectly with both UK and EU outlet converters. The USB ports were convenient for charging multiple devices at once and the front plugs worked great for using my US heat tools. A must for any traveler!

Silicone Travel-Sized Toiletry Containers, $9

This is a pretty basic travel essential. These little bottles are leakproof, lightweight, and TSA-approved if you're planning to pack light with just a carry-on. 

Toiletry Bag, $9

Having a larger toiletry bag is great so everything (or almost everything) is in one place. This makes getting ready and un-ready so much easier, especially when sharing a bathroom. This bag is affordable, washable, has a handle, and hook inside for hanging. 

Wanderlust Belt Bag, $58

While you don't need this bag specifically (there are MUCH cheaper options available) this is the belt bag I brought along and it was so perfect I wore it every single day. Having all of my belongings on my chest, under my coat helped me avoid the notorious pickpocketing in Europe. The size was perfect for a phone, wallet, hand sanitizer, lip balm, mask, and any transit/keycards for hotels and metros. 

Clothing Must-Haves

Layers are key for winter in Europe! I'll share below what I packed that was worth the suitcase space:
  • Heavy winter coat
  • Lightweight coat
  • 3 sweatshirts 
  • 2 knit sweaters 
  • 2 versatile long-sleeved tops 
  • 1 black turtleneck
  • 2 thermal tops
  • 3 tank tops/undershirts 
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • 2 lightweight midi skirts
  • Leather pants 
  • 2 pairs of everyday leggings
  • Thermal leggings
  • Fleece-lined tights
  • 2 pairs of pajamas
  • Underwear (one pair per day)
  • Socks (one pair per day, varying thicknesses/lengths)
  • Tennis shoes
  • Booties
  • Snow boots
  • Beanie
  • Gloves/mittens 
Some links are included in the list above for items/similar items to those I brought on my trip! I absolutely recommend the brand 32 Degrees for thermal clothes and packing shoes you're comfortable walking long distances in (sometimes on cobblestone streets). 

Obviously, this is a list of what I would bring again for a 17-day trip, so pack based on your needs and trip length. The coldest day of the trip by far was while on Mount Titlis in Switzerland. I wore thermal leggings under jeans, a thermal top under a sweatshirt, snow boots, my heavy winter coat, a beanie, and mittens. I was perfectly comfortable all day (although a scarf while on the mountain would have been nice).

What I Wish I Packed

Overall, I think I packed well but I did notice a few things along the way that would have been nice to bring. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taylor Swift Eras Tour Outfit Inspiration Part 2

Taylor, I had the time of my life with you<3 The Eras Tour was an all-around magical experience, especially because of the secret songs at Arlington Night 2! (IYKYK.)  As far as my outfit goes,  I would consider it Reputation meets 1989. I went for a simple dress and booties combo, which are linked! The shoes are my old reliable for concerts and the dress made me feel like Taylor herself. It's also available in pink and white if you're feeling more like channeling Lover! If you missed Part 1, click here for extra outfit ideas for self-titled, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, and 1989. This post will feature an outfit for each remaining era without breaking the bank. Pick your favorite below! Reputation Romper , $27 Thigh Highs , $32 Lover  Dress , $50 Heels , $45 Glitter Glue (Makeup) , $14 Folklore Dress , $15 Long Cardigan , $19 Booties , $35 Evermore Dress , $26 Sandals , $12 Headband , $14 Midnights Dress , $70 Rhinestone Tights , $12 Booties , $68 If you'll be seeing Tay